People often create diet charts and follow them for a day or two. After a couple of days, they get back to their regular diet. The simple reason for not being able to follow their Diet Chart is ‘not being strict with the calories’.
Diet Butler is an application which helps you in following your diet plans effectively. This application acts as a nutritionist and provides an option of a virtual fridge to the user which ultimately helps a user in cutting of the calories from his diet. This application is developed by London based software developer – ‘App Moments’.
Dieting is not just about the food, factors like time and motivation plays a very important role in dieting. Diet Butler is a motivating application which helps the user in eating the right amount of food on the right time. This application keeps a track of the calories and it does consider factors like age, gender, height, weight etc.
Here is a small part from the official press release of Diet Butler -
“What we are shooting for here is ease and practicality of use,” said Huseyin Akindji — CEO of Diet Butler developer, App Moments. “There are quite a lot of iPhone and iPod dieting apps out there, but they require so much data and mathematical calculation that it almost isn’t worth it. In the amount of time it takes to calculate and manage your input on the other dieting apps, you may as well have spent an hour at the gym. With Diet Butler, though, it’s all about giving you an app that can truly help you manage your diet, and overall personal nutrition, in real-time and with real benefits.”
- Nutritional calculator: Based on a short set of user data, Diet Butler provides a prescribed daily caloric intake.
- Intake calendar: Diet Butler allows the user to visually (and virtually) plot a nutritional course for the future; be it one day or one month in advance.
- Meals: User can devise various groupings of entire meals which will meet Diet Butler’s guidelines for user’s personal, daily recommended caloric intake.
- Recipe builder: Input favorite recipes from books or magazines.
- My Days: Acting as a ‘favorites’ tab, this function allows the user to plot out a whole day’s worth of healthy eating solutions and to call upon a select, daily plan whenever needed.
- See Your Food (Virtual Fridge) : By entering the virtual fridge, the user can instantly see what foods are suggested and available for the day.
- Diet notifier: Push notifications inform the user when it is actually time to eat, acting as a personal dieting/nutritional coach.
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th)
- Requires iOS 4.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Diet Butler 1.1 is available worldwide for download through the App Store, in the Healthcare and Fitness category and is slated for a purchase price of just $1.99 USD.
I found this application useful and it is worth the price. I hope you will find it useful too. Here are a couple of links to help you out -
Diet Butler Application (itunes) – Application
Diet Butler Official Website – Official Website