I know that Samsung SGH D500 isn’t new anymore but it is still one of the coolest cell phone in the market. Samsung D500 has been my all time favorite phone and believe me, if you are going to read this post further, then there are chances that it might become your favorite too.
Viewed as the sequel to Samsung D410 by many, “Samsung D500” is another addition to the D series of Samsung mobile phones. It has a slide-up design, which enables a large screen to be placed within a compact phone design. Most of the features of the phone are conveniently available on the front face. A gentle push makes the slide-down mechanism open and close automatically, which gives access to the full keypad below.
It is full of cool features like:
- 1.3 Megapixel camera (1280 x 1024 pixels) with flash and digital zoom
- Video recording & messaging (176 x 144 pixels)
- Cutting edge TFT LCD display (176 x 220 pixels & 262,144 colours)
- Music player (MP3/AAC)
- Java games (including 3 pre installed ones)
- 64-voice polyphonic and MP3 ringtones
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB, Infrared, SyncML
- Integrated hands free speakerphone
- Messaging : SMS (with learning T9), EMS, MMS
- E-Mail client (POP3, IMAP4, SMTP) / vCard / vCalendar
- Personal organiser functions
- Phonebook (max 1000 entries)
- 80 Mb internal phone memory
- WAP 2.0, GPRS class 10, Tri-band (900/1800/1900MHz ), for enhanced connectivity
- Size: 94 x 46 x 24 m
- Weight: 99g
- Battery standby: up to 300 hours, Talktime: up to 6.5 hours
Box contents includes:
Samsung SGH-D500 Handset
Mains D500 charger
Samsung stereo headset
CD Rom software
TV Output cable
*contents may vary depending on locations and may be subject to change
So, after using D500 samsung, it is on the top of my list. I think all the advertised functions are outstanding. I am recently been converted from the mighty NOKIA.
- Pleasantly surprised with the ease of use of the menu system, on a par with Nokia’s features and much better than other manufacturers.
- The sound is quite clear, its ringtones are LOUD and the screen is clear enough for an average person to see.
- As a camera it is as good as any other phone in the class, rather better.
- As a camcorder, well, it’s an average video recorder, don’t expect much though.
- The other features are good, build quality is solid and durable and the buttons are easy to be navigated by your thumb.
- A major drawback is the lack of a radio player, which is we would have loved (personally me, because I don’t intend to use it as an MP3 player & want to save space for pics and videos).
- Also the fact that it does not remember the t9 dictionary words entered is a major drawback. I like using T9 predictive text input. It keeps reverting to old style of hitting the keys three times for the last letter in the key. Very irritating.
- The PHONEBOOK is the usual type, like in most modern phones: Customizable, with the feature of adding photos of the person you are calling or is calling you, also, set different ring tones and groups, etc.
All in All, Samsung D500 mobile phone is probably the best in its class. A sensible buy indeed!