With 7-inch of display, the PlayBook is yet another portable tablet. Some of the features and specs have been confirmed. This tablet will sport a Cortex A9 (1GHz) dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM. It will be having HDMI Port and USB Ports too.
Here is the complete list of features mentioned in the Press Release -
Key features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook include:
• 7” LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
• BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
• 1 GHz dual-core processor
• 1 GB RAM
• Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
• Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
• Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
• HDMI video output
• Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
• Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
• Ultra thin and portable:
o Measures 5.1”x7.6”x0.4” (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
o Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)
• Additional features and specifications of the BlackBerry PlayBook will be shared on or before the date this product is launched in retail outlets.
• RIM intends to also offer 3G and 4G models in the future.
You can check the preview of PlayBook below -
The PlayBook is expected to roll out in US in the early 2011 and it will be available in the international market in 2011 Q2. We will soon be adding up more information about this, so do not forget to ‘like’ our Facebook Fan Page.
[via rim press]